Australian Artist - Wyn Vogel
Mixed media - large format artist - counter balanced - business analyist!
Large format art and interactive installation work - `walk into the colour and movement of the image - mixed media - digital - oils, pastel, inks and water colour - cotton rag paper, canvas or a mix!
Alter ego - business analyst, corporate performance excellence - quality systems for the management of software/multimedia development environments associated with the production of interactive simulation training platforms for Defence and Aerospace - also occupational health and safety, environmental management and business systems.
Exhibitions, Workshops and Public Space Installations:
2016 - Joint Exhibition with Alex Ashton - in the planning for November 2016 -
Brisbane - this will be Alex's PhD Exhibition Work and a series of new works from Wyn Vogel
2016 - Working to consolidate the Program for the Fish Lane Studios Limited New Media/Art Hub – and Exhibition on the On-line Gallery/Art Hub - Shop - Fish Lane Studios - http://www.fishlanestudios.com
2015 - Exhibiting Artist – St Vincent Hospital Arts - Program - September – 2015 to January 2016 - 2D art work and immersive video/sound installation
- 2014 – Exhibiting Artist – St Vincent Hospital Arts - Program - September – 2014 to January 2015. Incld. Workshops
- 2014 – Invitation to hang in the Tattersall’s Queensland Exhibition - 2014 in conjunction with the Landscape Art Prize – 1 to 19 Sept.
- 2014 – Studio Visits – Germany and Paris `France – July 2014
- 2014 - Group Exhibition and fund raising Auction - for Little Finn - $10,000 raised in the afternoon Auction - 1st February 2014
- 2013 - Finalist Life Art World Wide - Inaugural Art Prize - 10 day Exhibition - supported by Sunshine Coast TAFE - Mountain Creek Campus - November `13
- 2013 - 2 pieces of Work accepted for - the 2013 Tattersall’s Club Landscape Art Prize and Sports Art Exhibition - September 2 – Friday September 6 - then Waterfront Place - 1 Eagle Street, Brisbane - for exhibition from the 7th to 20th September 2013
- 2013 - Studio work April_June completing 'The Games We Play' for MDARTX2013
- 2013 – Artist in Residence – March 2013 Palmer Coolum Resort
- 2012 – Artist Marks Exhibition 23rd Nov to 6th Dec 2012 - Three White Rooms - Paddington Qld
- 2012 – Christmas Group Exhibition – Eudlo Rosebed St Gallery – 23rd November to 16th Dec 2012
- 2012 - Studio interactive working sessions - New York - USA - July 2012
- 2012 - Group Exhibition ‘Culture to Culture’ - Rosebed Street Gallery – Eudlo - May 23rd to June 17th - 2012
- 2012 - Group Exhibition@Studio 4 Gallery - Town of Seaside - Qld
- 2011 - Finalist Mirvac - Gainsborough Green Art Exhibition and Comp. - Gold Coast Qld
- 2011 - Group Exhibition @ Sanctuary Cove Art Fair 2011
- 2010 - Group Exhibition @ Sanctuary Cove Art Fair 2010
- 2010 - Group Exhibition @ Hyatt Regency Art Market 2010
- 2010 - Mini Solo Exhibition - Ardleigh Cleveland Gallery@The Hyatt Regency Coolum - Qld
- 2009 - Solo Exhibition @ Wishart Art Gallery - Port Fairy - Victoria
- 2008 - 1996 - Studio work in Melbourne - Victoria - Australia with various exhibition pieces held by the Olinda and Wishart Art Galleries - group showings in Melbourne and Port Fairy, including demonstration workshops and inclusion of work in the collection at that time - Kenloch in the Dandenong’s.
- 1990 - Group Exhibition - including exhibition of figurative and flora silk works - Sanctuary Cove Art Exhibition (Art Promotions Qld)
- 1989 - 1991 Commercial studio space in the newly renovated, then - Heritage Hotel (now The Stamford) - near the Botanical Gardens - Brisbane Qld - housing a permanent exhibition of Wyn's work and 8 exhibitions of visiting artists
- 1982 - Group Exhibition - Gladstone Theatre Foyer - (hung beside Rolf Harris)
- 1981 - Group Exhibition - the Potters Gallery - Gladstone - Qld
- 1976 - Establishment of an Art Collective – Collinsville Nth Qld
- 1973 - Awarded Certificate of Merit for Level 1 Art in NSW - Australia
- 1968 - 73 studied art under the guidance of Artist and Teacher - Peter Dolan - Katoomba - NSW
Works are held in a number of private collections:
Australia - incld. work held by the Royal Australian Navy HMAS Watson - Sydney
South Africa, and
Wyn works with a range of medium and installation sizes. Large format art pieces vary from drawn work to oils, pastel and mixed media, including digital imaging and collage. These large pieces are suitable for foyers and walls and allow Wyn to explore the reflection of light and shade - particularly with her oils, the many layers of oil glaze build depth and colour.
Wyn is also exploring the use of digital video to enhance and enlarge the installation capability for exhibitions and small showings.
Location heavily influences the work - with recent travels internationally as well as time growing up in the Blue Mountains, NSW and studios located until recently both in Victoria and Queensland. The variation of light and cultural influences can be found in the range of work available.
Website - Paper and Canvas
News and information re the progress of work are available on –
Wyn juggles her art with a professional alter ego Australian Knowledge Management Group - which enables her insight into the corporate world and the interactions of people with each other, their world and their systems - some times this influences - some times it distracts but all together it is wonderful! This Bio relates to life as a professional Artist and if you would like to review the consultancy/work profile you are welcome: Professional Consulting Bio
CONTACT - BACK TO INDEX